THE FILMS: 2014
The Wind is Blowing on My Street
- Special Jury Mention – Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival
- Best Sound Design, Original Score – NYU’s First Run Film Festival
- Sundance Film Festival
- Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival
- Los Angeles Film Festival
- Aspen Shortsfest
- NYU’s First Run Film Festival
When a young girl in Tehran is accidentally left on the street without her headscarf, she is forced to interact with a man who keeps her company. The Wind is Blowing on My Street looks at an unexpected connection in an environment where a simple mishap could lead to trouble.
FILMMAKER: Saba Riazi
Born and raised in Tehran, Iran, Saba Riazi is currently enrolled in the M.F.A program for Film and Television Production at New York University’s prestigious Tisch School of the Arts. Prior to moving to New York, she worked for several years in the film industry in Iran as an assistant editor for features. Saba got her start at the Tehran University of the Arts, where she studied theater directing and created short films with classmates. She is now in the process of developing her first feature film.