“LUNAFEST is a unique film festival that supports and encourages women filmmakers like me while at the same time raising funds and awareness for breast cancer. I am so proud to be part of it this year!”
Inspiring Filmmaker: 2012
After completing a bachelor of theatre arts in acting at the University of Southern Queensland, Shideh Faramand has made a natural progression into screenwriting and directing. Her films have been well received by audiences worldwide, and have screened at a number of international film festivals including Vancouver International Film Festival, Edmonton International Film Festival and Flickerfest. Her love for cinema and storytelling began at a young age, when she spent many a Sunday afternoon watching old Hollywood movies with her mother and grandmother.
FILM: Reluctant Bride, A
“When are you going to find a husband?” is the question of the night for a single Persian woman, still unmarried at 28. Stuck at her younger sister’s engagement party and surrounded by meddling friends and family intent on securing her a mate of her own, this reluctant bride spends the evening dodging and weaving a barrage of suitors and romantic setups.
- Winner, 2011 Audience Choice Award – World Of Women Film Festival
- Nominated, Best Comedy – 2011 South Australian Screen Awards
- Bronze Award, Fictional Drama Short – 2010 ACS SA Cinematography Awards
- Vancouver International Film Festival
- Edmonton International Film Festival
- Noor Iranian Film Festival
- London Australian Film Festival